Our 2016 Earthcruiser Fx Is for Sale
July 16, 2023
Are you in the market for a turnkey, pre-DEF expedition vehicle that you can take across all continents? Look no further, we are selling our 2016 Earthcruiser FX built on a 2007 Mitsubishi Fuso FG Chassis!
🦄 This Earthcruiser is a unicorn: No DEF or low-sulfur diesel required! I believe there are only two Earthcruisers built on pre-DEF chassis in the US. This one and Lance’s EXP (Earthcruiser owner).
🎂 The cherry on the cake? This Earthcruiser has a five-speed manual transmission with 4WD hi/lo transfer case Unlike all the other ECs built on recent Fuso chassis, this truck can go in 4LO.
- Mileage at posting: 107,xxx miles
- Location: Escalante, UT
- Price: $265,000
With current pricing, a new FX will cost over $595,000 from Earthcruiser.
The truck and the house were fully inspected by Earthcruiser in Bend, OR, earlier this year. In fact, I requested them to perform the inspection they would run on the pre-owned units they sell. So while it’s not “certified,” you can be reassured that the truck is in good shape and ready to hit the road.
Also, while in Bend, Earthcruiser took it to the nearest certified FUSO service center for a full inspection. Nothing to report!
Concerned about the mileage? Diesel engine are engineered to last much longer than gas engines. The mileage is not high relative to the life of a diesel engine.
Why Are We Selling?
We bought this truck to replace our previous home on wheels while we were still traveling full time. Our life changed quite a bit over the past few months. We stopped traveling and came back to our house in Utah. We barely used the Earthcruiser since we owned it, so it’s time to see it go…
The Earthcruiser is available for sale in Escalante, UT.
Please reach out to me at [email protected].
- 2007 Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4X4 5-speed manual transmission
- 4WD hi/lo transfer case
- Front and rear limited slip differentials
- All Terrain Warriors parabolic springs, shackles, and shocks
- Steinbauer performance chip for increased HP
- Manual 4WD locking front hubs
- 16″ EarthCruiser Super Single wheels paired with Toyo Open Country M/T 315/75/R16 tires with less than 5,000 miles
- Tire Traker TT-500 tire pressure monitoring system
- 60-gallon diesel fuel capacity — 35-gallon main and 25 -gallon auxiliary tanks (Roughly 14 mpg on average / 840-mile range capacity)
- EarthCruiser radiator protector/skid plate
- CV boot covers/protectors
- EarthCruiser (East Coast Bull Bar) front bull bar, with LED light bar included
- EarthCruiser scrub bars and Yakima roof rack with Yakima basket
- EarthCruiser heavy duty rear bumper with Class IV hitch receiver
- Front Superwinch Talon 14.0 winch with winching/recovery gear included
- All services completed by authorized Fuso service center AND Earthcruiser under our ownership
- Fully insulated and soundproofed
- Cab (driver and passenger) LED map and reading lights, touch sensitive and multi-level light intensity
- Custom leather spring ride suspension seats with seat heaters, adjustable for angle, fore/aft, and suspension preload level
- Matching leather center console with integrated USB 2.0 outlets
- Front and rear facing external cameras with in-cab display
- Clarion Bluetooth compatible stereo head unit
- Custom heat reflective/insulated privacy screens for cab windows
- Earthcruiser Cab/House divider to insulate cabin from cab and to provide privacy
- Safe located in cab beneath the center console
- The interior standing height is 6’ 7”
- Dometic windows - six double insulated with integrated black-out and insect screens
- Webasto diesel-fired combo water heater and furnace, tapped into chassis auxiliary fuel tank (NEW! REPLACED IN JANUARY 2023)
- Webasto two burner ceramic diesel-fired cooktop, tapped into chassis auxiliary fuel tank
- Panasonic microwave
- Isotherm 12 V DC stainless steel 4.5 cubic foot refrigerator/freezer
- DC Air conditioner mounted in bed area
- Seagull IV X-1 water filtration system, capable of safely pumping water directly from lakes and streams
- Upgraded kitchen sink faucet
- Numerous 120 VAC, USB 2.0, and 12 VDC receptacles throughout. All 120 VAC outlets are GFI controlled units
- Two Sirocco 360° ceiling-integrated house fans, with timers and multiple power levels, lockable in the retracted or deployed configuration
- 360° adjustable/removable Laguna dinette table with locking mechanism
- Full size memory foam double bed with custom red Sunbrella fabric to match bed surround
- Ample under bed storage: Four large storage spaces under bed plus two large cabinet spaces with two large bins accessed from wall beneath bed
- Five drawer bedside cabinet with varied custom drawer organizers
- Eight kitchen/pantry drawers, with varied custom drawer organizers and liners to keep kitchen items from sliding or breaking
- Storage under the dinette seat and additional storage access beneath the floor of the dinette
- Custom removable magnetic screen for entry door
- Two freshwater tanks. One 40-gallon, one 20-gallon tank for a total of 60 gallons freshwater capacity. Both can be used during freezing temperatures.
- Indoor and outdoor filtered water dispensing faucets
- Retractable Thetford cassette toilet, with 6-gallon capacity
- Custom teak wood shower basin/entryway cover
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- 12-gallon gray water tank with water level readout on main data panel cluster (inside)
- Large external-accessed storage compartments with automated lighting — one door on each side, with large rear area pass-through storage compartment
- Fiamma F65S power retractable awning on passenger side, controlled from switch panel just inside the house door
- Aluminess bumper mounted stainless steel storage box
- ISI Advanced 4X4 bike rack
- Individual storage containing air compressor
- Heavy duty 600 lb. torque wrench
- Starlink “permanent” setup installed by Earthcruiser in April 2023. (Bring your router and your dish!)
- MaxTrax mount in the back
- Solbian roof-mounted recessed solar panels — Four 125W panels = 500 watts solar
- Blue Sky solar controllers
- Victron Multi Plus inverter/charger - 3000W
- BEP Systems marine- grade control panel for managing power/water, utilizing owner configurable graphic readout panel, labeled and fully lighted circuit breaker/switches for the various house functions
- Lithionics lithium-ion battery system (3 x 150-amp hours = 450-amp hours) with house batteries stored safely inside house under dinette seating
Pics were taken during a short trip up the mountain. Please pardon the mud 😇